To preserve the unity of the family whenever possible or to provide another alternative permanent family when the unity of the family cannot be maintained.
To provide for the care, protection, safety and wholesome mental and physical development of children coming within the provisions of this chapter.
Consistent with the protection of the public interest, to provide for children committing delinquent acts programs of supervision, care and rehabilitation which provide balanced attention to the protection of the community, the imposition of accountability for offenses committed and the development of competencies t enable children to become responsible and productive members of the community.
To achieve the foregoing purposes in a family environment whenever possible, separating the child from parents only when necessary for his welfare, safety or health or in the interests of public safety, by doing all of the following:
- employing evidence-based practices whenever possible and, in the case of a delinquent child, by using the least restrictive intervention that is consistent with the protection of the community, the imposition of accountability for offenses committed and the rehabilitation, supervision and treatment needs of the child; and
- imposing confinement only if necessary and for the minimum amount of time that is consistent with the purposes under [the first three paragraphs].
To provide means through which the provisions of this chapter are executed and enforced and in which te parties are assured a fair hearing and their constitutional and other legal rights recognized and enforced.
Community Service Projects
- For any questions regrading community service contact:
Jessica Maxwell, Juvenile Probation Officer 724-656-2173 ext. 7025
- Jim Birtalan, Community Service Liaison 724-730-0893
- Joe Geramita, Community Service Liaison 724-730-7382
Meet Our Department
Contact Information for Department:Lawrence County Juvenile Probation
430 Court Street
New Castle, PA 16101
Phone: (724) 656-2173
Fax: (724) 656-2133
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm