Lawrence County Land Bank
Side Yard Program Application
The Lawrence County Land Bank Side Yard Program allows qualified applicants to acquire vacant lots owned by the Land Bank. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements listed below to be considered. This form is a statement of interest only. Receipt of application does not commit the Land Bank to transfer property. Applications will not be processed unless completed in its entirety and the entire fee paid in full. The Land Bank reserves the right to reject any application. If Land Bank receives two or more applications for the same property, the final decision to transfer property to any applicant rests in the sole discretion of the Land Bank. The Land Bank transfers property by quit claim deed. Title insurance, if desired, is the responsibility of the applicant/purchaser.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
Please closely review the requirements below to ensure that your application meets all the following requirements:
- The Applicant must live in, and own, as his/her primary residence, a property adjacent to the Lawrence County Land Bank lot.
- The Applicant must be in compliance with all local building and land use regulations for their primary residence and other properties he or she owns in Lawrence County.
- The Applicant must be current on all real estate taxes and assessments for their primary residence, and must be current on real estate taxes and assessments for other properties he or she owns in Lawrence County.
- The Applicant is not a prior owner of any real property in Lawrence County that was transferred as the result of tax foreclosure proceedings.
- The lot must be vacant and unimproved real property with no structures, unless approved by the Lawrence County Land Bank.
- The Applicant must be able to maintain the lot in accordance with all local building, housing and zoning codes.
The foregoing eligibility requirements are guidelines and may be waived or modified as determined by the Lawrence County Land Bank to accommodate unique circumstances. This may include non-occupant owners and nonadjacent Applicants.
- A complete application includes this form AND Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Once the application and payment is received the Lawrence County Land Bank will submit a letter to the municipality notifying of the repository transfer. The municipality will have five (5) business days to submit comments on the transfer of the property.
- Once the application and payment is received the Lawrence County Land Bank will forward the application to the Assessment office for their review.
- The LCLB Side Yard Program operates on a first-come, first-served basis. The first qualified Applicant to submit a complete application and payment will receive priority consideration.
- Once the application has been approved and the lot has passed the LCLB’s inspection process, the LCLB and the buyer will work together to close the transaction.
- The LCLB maintains the right to condition the transfer of title on the buyer’s acceptance of certain deed restrictions. Restrictions may be included in the deed to ensure properties are maintained in an agreed- upon way. If the buyer fails to maintain the property, the LCLB may exercise its discretion and take back title to the property.
- Once the property is transferred, the owner must maintain ownership for a minimum of one (1) year. Should the property be transferred within that time, a fee of 15% of the sale price shall be returned to the Land Bank.
- The cost to purchase a single lot is $150.00 (larger lots suitable for redevelopment, or multiple lots, may vary in price). The fee shall be paid by check or money order to: Lawrence County Land Bank.
- Please allow six to eight weeks for this process to be complete.