BIRTH & DEATH CERTIFICATE INFORMATION
Where are Birth and Death Certificates Kept?
The Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 105 Nesbitt Rd., New Castle, PA 16105 keeps all birth and death records after 1906. Telephone: 724-656-3100 or 1-844-228-3516 (toll-free) Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm
Birth and Death records from 1893 – 1905 that were registered in Lawrence County, are maintained by Lawrence County Government Center, Prothonotary Office, 430 Court St., New Castle, PA 16101 Telephone: 724-658-2126 Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm or email jesoldo@LawrenceCountyPA.gov
How to obtain a copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?
- For 1906 – current year birth or death records:
- You can call Vital Records at 724-656-3100 or 1-844-228-3516 (toll-free) or you can order ON-LINE from the Department of Health Website.
- For 1893 – 1905 birth or death records:
- You may come in-person to the Lawrence County Government Center, Prothonotary office at 430 Court St., New Castle, PA 16101 or call 724-656-2126
- For request by US Mail, send cash or Money Order payable to Lawrence County Orphan’s Court for $10.00, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of copies, and name of person you are requesting to:
Lawrence County Orphan’s Court
430 Court Street
New Castle, PA. 16101
Cash, Money Orders or Certified Checks ONLY. No Personal Checks accepted.
You may visit the Department of Health Website for additional information.