LAWRENCE COUNTY RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW
- Please email completed form to the LAWRENCE COUNTY OPEN RECORDS OFFICER Emily Sanchez-Parodi at eparodi@LawrenceCountyPA.gov
- If your request is of a Judicial (AOPC) nature specifically related to Rule of Judicial Administration Rule 509 Access to Financial Records, Please email completed form to the LAWRENCE COUNTY JUDICIAL DISTRICT OPEN RECORDS OFFICER Michael Occhibone at mocchibone@LawrenceCountyPA.gov
The Right-To-Know Law imposes a strict timetable on the County for responses to Right-To-Know Law requests. The following is a general outline of the timetable.
- Receipt of written request.
- County must respond within five (5) business days.
- Exceptions still require a letter within five (5) business days from the County, however, the letter will advise the requester than an exception applies which will authorize the County an additional thirty (30) days.
- The exceptions generally can be classified as:
- Public Records which require retrieval, redaction or legal review; or
- The County has determined that the requester has not compiled with the County’s policy, refuses to pay the applicable fees or the County has staffing limits which prevent compliance.
- In all cases, failure by the County to respond within five (5) business days is deemed a denial.
- Written response of denial requires the following:
- Description of the record requested.
- Specific reasons request is denied.
- Who authorized the denial.
- Date of the response.
- Procedure for appeal.
- Appeal. Any appeal from a County action shall be made to the Commonwealth’s Office of Open Records Appeal Officer.
- Final Determination. The County shall make a final determination within thirty (30) days of the mailing date of the appeal in the nature of exceptions.
Any request for information or assistance should be directed to the County Solicitor’s office to be contacted at 724-656-2150.