HOME > GOVERNMENT > TREASURER > TAXES
The Lawrence County Treasurer’s Office has had a history of making it easier for County property owners to pay their County tax bills. In addition to the traditional mailed bills, the Treasurer’s Office works with mortgage companies and, during the discount period, takes payments through a tax outreach program visiting municipalities across the County. Property owners who visit the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle can pay with checks, cash, and credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover).
The Lawrence County Tax Claim Office manages and collects delinquent real estate taxes for the County, Schools, and Municipalities. Property owners who visit the Lawrence County Government Center in New Castle can pay with a cashiers check, money order, or cash. Personal or business checks cannot be accepted.
Using the control number and web password from an assessment change notice or tax bill, property owners can login to the CourthouseOnline.com MyProperty service without a subscription. Once there, owners can:
- Review information provided by the County Assessment Office
- View Current tax bills and payment history since 2012, and pay this year’s County taxes.
- View Outstanding Delinquent tax information and pay those bills (oldest first).
- VISA, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted online. To cover the additional credit card processing costs, a 2.45% convenience fee ($1 minimum) will be automatically added to their payment and will appear on their statement as CourthouseOnline.
- Locate your County Tax Bill or other County notice
- On that document look for the following information:
- Control Number (8 Numbers)
- Web Password (8 Letters)
- Click VIEW/PAY TAXES to access the MyProperty Login Screen
- Enter your Control Number and Web Password, then click on “Submit” and follow the instructions.
- At the MyProperty page, click the “View/Pay Taxes” link on the left frame of your screen.
- Select “Current Year Taxes” or “Prior Year Taxes” (if any).