[Skip to Content]



Q: What if the Discharge/DD214 is not recorded at Lawrence County or any other county?

A: Please contact our office or the Register and Recorder’s office to verify whether your Discharge/DD214 is recorded. Otherwise, you will need to send for a new one by either visiting our office or by applying online at: www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs

Q: How do I enroll in the VA Medical Center?

A: You will need to fill out a 10-10EZ application and mail it in with a copy of your Discharge/DD214 to the Butler VA Hospital. Listed below is a link where you can obtain a copy of the 10-10EZ application. Applications are also available in our office. http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/1010EZ-fillable.pdf

Q: What is Aid & Attendance, and what are the qualifications?

A: The Aid & Attendance program is for veterans or their widows who are in need of financial assistance and are in a nursing home, assisted living home, or have a caregiver. The veteran must have active duty for 90 days of service and at least one day of wartime. For other qualifications, please visit the links listed below. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON YOUR OWN! Call us for assistance: 724-656-2180Please click here for more information on pension. Click here for more information on Aid & Attendance and Housebound.

Q: How can I reach the VA Regional Office?

Q: Where can I call to find out about educational benefits and the GI Bill?

Q: What is the number for the Butler VA Hospital?

Q: How do I find information on the Lawrence County Outpatient VA Clinic in New Castle?

Q: How can I obtain more information about the federal benefits available?

Q: How do I apply for Agent Orange Compensation?

Q: What is Service Connected Compensation and who is eligible?

Q: What is and who is eligible for Tax Exemption?

Q: What types of benefits are available upon the death of a veteran or widow?

Q: Are there any emergency funds or resources?